Run older versions of ScriptUtilities on 64 bit edition of OS (Windows 2003 64 bit, Win 2008) Article
Member of ScriptUtils | Changes | Purchase | Download
Run older versions of ScriptUtilities on 64 bit edition of OS (Windows 2003 64 bit, Win 2008)
ScriptUtilities is a native 64 bit DLL in the current version, please download latest version for 64bit OS. You can also 32bit versions of ScriptUtilities on 64 bit edition of OS (for example Windows 2003 server 64 bit edition, Win 2008 64 bit) and IIS ver 6.0, 7.0, 7.5 and later.
There are two simple ways to run the 32 bit DLLs under 64bit OS.
- Switch IIS to 32 bit mode
- Create a COM+ application with ScriptUtils.ASPForm
Switch IIS to 32 bit mode
IIS 6.0, Windows 2003 64 bit edition
See Running 32-bit Applications on 64-bit Windows (IIS 6.0)
Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 1 enables IIS 6.0 to run 32-bit Web applications on 64-bit Windows using the Windows-32-on-Windows-64 (WOW64) compatibility layer.
You can setup the 32bit mode using MetaEdit or Metabase explorer and set Enable32BitAppOnWin64 property of W3SVC/AppPools or using adsutil:
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 "true"
On Windows 2003 64bit (XP) you cannot run worker processes in both 32-bit mode and as well as 64 bit mode, all worker processes are in 32 bit mode after this setting. So use 32bit COM+ application for IIS6/W2003 rather.
IIS 7.0, Windows 2008 64 bit edition
Windows Server 2003/IIS7 have the same property enable32BitAppOnWin64, but you can set the property for each app pool. So you can run both 32bit and 64bit application pools simultaneously.
You can create application pool for the upload folder and then set the enable32BitAppOnWin64 property for the pool to true - select "Advanced Settings" of the application pool and set "Enable 32-bit Applications" to true, or run next command:
appcmd apppool set /apppool.name:UploadAppPool /enable32BitAppOnWin64:true
Create a COM+ application with ScriptUtils.ASPForm
Setup COM+ Application
1. Create a new COM+ application
- Go to Administrative tools - component services (or Start, Run, type DCOMcnfg)
- Go to Component services -> Computers -> My computer -> COM+ applications
- Right click COM+ applications, new application
- Create an empty application named AspForm
- Enter a name of the new application (for example, "AspForm")
2. Add ScriptUtils.ASPForm component
- Expand ASPForm application
- Right click Components, Click New, Component
- Click Import component(s) that are already registered
- Select ScriptUtils.ASPForm component
3. Set permissions and config the COM+ application
- Right click AspForm application, click properties
- In the Advanced tab, set "Leave running when idle"
- Set identity and security for the main process of AspForm application
For example, if you want to call the application from an ASP page, can do either:
* Disable access check for the AspForm application
- Right click for COM+ app properties
- On security tab uncheck "enforce access checks for this application"
* or For the anonymous IIS user
- Open Component Services
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the COM Security tab
- Click "Edit Limits" in the "Launch and Activation Permissions" area
- Add the anonymous IIS user.
Must either be
1) a built-in account like administrator or guest. Or
2) must be a domain user
- Give them full permissions
* or can (if on a domain):
- Add the anonymous IIS user to the "Distributed COM Users' built-in domain group. The anonymous IIS user must be a domain account.
Now you can call the 32bit component ScriptUtils.ASPForm from any 32bit or 64bit IIS application.
Set ASPForm = Server.CreateObject("ScriptUtils.ASPForm")
Other links for Run older versions of ScriptUtilities on 64 bit edition of OS (Windows 2003 64 bit, Win 2008) article
Frequently asked questions about ScriptUtilities, Pure-ASP and Huge-ASP upload functionality.
Huge ASP upload is easy to use, hi-performance ASP file upload component with progress bar indicator. This component lets you upload multiple files with size up to 4GB to a disk or a database along with another form fields. Huge ASP file upload is a most featured upload component on a market with competitive price and a great performance . The software has also a free version of asp upload with progress, called Pure asp upload , written in plain VBS, without components (so you do not need to install anything on server). This installation package contains also ScriptUtilities library. Script Utilities lets you create hi-performance log files , works with binary data , you can download multiple files with zip/arj compression, work with INI files and much more with the ASP utility.
Other Motobit links:
IISTracer, real-time IIS monitor
ASP file upload - upload files to ASP.
ActiveX/VBSScript registry editor
ActiveX NT User account manager
Export MDB/DBF from ASP
ActiveX/ASP Scripting Dictionary object